I’ve seen a cheap manduca, how do I know if it’s genuine?
Manduca Baby Carriers are loved around the world – and thousands of happy customers are sharing how pleased they are with the extraordinary fit and feel unique of a genuine manduca carrier.
Unfortunately this excitement and success has attracted counterfeiters, and it is a sad fact of life that sub-standard, roughly made and potentially dangerous counterfeit carriers are being passed off as real manduca baby carriers on online trading sites.
Counterfeiting is a criminal offence and penalties exist for perpetrators. Manduca asks for your cooperation and understanding while we pursue all avenues to bring manduca counterfeiters to justice.
The risks of buying a counterfeit manduca are set out below.
To ensure your manduca is the one loved and recommended by so many parents, with the safety standards and three year warranty manduca is famous for, please only buy your manduca from an authorised seller (listed here or phone us on 1800 757777).
Do NOT buy manduca from eBay or Gumtree, or unauthorised discount sources.
(“The Nile” is the only authorised eBay seller).
Be aware that secondhand carriers purporting to be manduca may have been purchased from an unauthorised site. Insist upon proof of purchase, and check with authorised distributor Fertile Mind (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 757 777).
How is my baby at risk by using a counterfeit manduca?
What are the chances that counterfeiters would be using the more expensive certified organic fabric & dyes, or even fabrics & dyes safe for your baby to chew on?
This is the kind of question you should ask yourself when purchasing any product in intimate contact with your baby.
Your precious baby’s skin and mouth will be in regular close contact with your manduca, and manduca takes seriously the fastidiousness with which it chooses and monitors the non-toxicity of its fabric and dyes.
Authentic manduca baby carriers comply with the highest non-toxic standards in the world, and use only certified organic fabric and edible dyes for that reason. Additionally, the prized GS mark is awarded only to companies who comply with strict quality control standards.
Manduca Baby Carriers are certified to be able to safely and securely carry your child from 3.5kg onwards to 20kg. This is only possible with the use of high quality buckles, zips, straps and stitching monitored by a strict testing process. All this make it possible for a parent or caregiver to have peace of mind and enjoy carrying their baby in a genuine manduca.
Questions you may want to ask yourself if you suspect that what you have bought or intend to purchase a non-authentic/counterfeit baby carrier purporting to be the manduca brand.
• What are the chances again that parts such as buckles are genuine quality parts that can hold the weight of your baby safely up to 20kg?
• Has the carrier gone through a proper safety testing process to ensure that it is safe for use?
• If the retailer is not an authorised manduca retailer, how can you be sure of the source of the carrier you have purchased?
• Have you lost the opportunity to experience the quality fit and feel of a genuine manduca?
• Will the warranty work, if it’s found to be a counterfeit product?
• Is it worth taking all the above risks with your baby’s safety and your comfort and peace of mind just for some savings?
Are there ways to tell if the store is selling manduca and not a counterfeit?
Until you are disappointed with something that looks like the genuine article but isn’t, you may not understand how important it is to choose an authentic manduca.
By then it’s too late, and we’re sorry but we can’t help you reverse any purchase.
However, there are ways you can be sure that a manduca is authentic and ready to give you and your baby years of comfort and pleasure.
1. Send the carrier for a detailed laboratory test to certify that the materials used are as stated in the manduca Baby Carrier specification. i.e., certified organic fabric, authentic military grade buckles etc. This option is expensive and the likelihood is that the carrier is no longer usable even if it is proven authentic.
2. Only purchase manduca from a trusted source to guarantee its safety and authenticity with the 3-years warranty.
3. Do NOT buy manduca from eBay or Gumtree, or unauthorised discount online sources. “The Nile” is the only authorised eBay seller.
4. Be aware that secondhand carriers purporting to be manduca may have been purchased from an unauthorised site. Insist upon proof of purchase, and check with authorised distributor Fertile Mind (email@example.com or 1800 757 777).